For mountain biking enthusiasts
The perfect way to discover nature - mountain biking allows you to explore the mountain paths and cross the forests and alpine pastures. The Auberge is located at the heart of 120km of marked mountain biking trails. You can also take the Mont-Blanc Tramway up the mountain for an unforgettable mountain biking descent.
For road bike fanatics
At the crossroads of several valleys, the Auberge is a starting point for legendary cycling trips: the Col des Aravis, the Col de la Colombière, and the Côte de Domancy where Bernard Hinault won the World Championship in Sallanches in 1980.
Available to guests:
- A closed garage
- A map of mountain biking paths in the surrounding area
- Ideas for full day and half day outings
- An equipped workshop to tune and repair your bikes
- In terms of food: dinner and breakfast tailored to cyclists. For lunch, picnics are available on demand the day before
- You can contact a state-certified instructor for full-day and half-day outings.
- Bring your own bikes or hire bikes locally.
For climbing nuts
The mountain professionals from the Mont-Blanc region are here to help you. The Mont-Blanc mountain range offers numerous marked trails, family walks and hikes for the more athletic. Ask for more information at the tourist offices or from the mid-mountain guides.
For snow sports fans
For ski rental at home : ace-ski-home.com
To book your ski/snowboard lessons : revolutionglisse.com
The paragliding schools in the Mount Blanc region offer initiation tandem flights and training courses for all levels.
More information here.
For beach and bathing lovers
At the Lac des Ilettes in Sallanches you will find an equipped green strip with a fitness trail and a lake for windsurfing.
At the Lac de Passy you will find a sandy beach with grassy coves, picnic areas and barbecues, paths for walks around the lake and a fitness trail.
Canyoning, canoeing-kayaking, rafting, riverboarding, airboating and cano-rafting can all be practiced in Arve.
However, whitewater sports can't be practiced off the cuff - they require supervision by qualified professionals. (Ecolorado or Adventures Payraud Mont-Blanc).
For shopping addicts
Nestled at the heart of the mountains, Sallanches plays the
role of shopping centre in the high valley of Arve. Its town centre is home to
numerous shops, while the quays of Sallanches regularly host different events:
Saturday market, flea markets, funfairs, Christmas markets, etc.
Twenty minutes from Sallanches, Megève offers numerous luxury stores.
Family nature trails
Easy to access, beautiful waterfalls such as the Cascade d’Arpenaz, the Cascade du Doran, the Cascade des Fours, and the Cascade de Cœur await visitors!
Perched on the Saint-Martin hillside, the “Sapin Président” conifer is sure to impress by its sheer size.
The breathtaking views of the Doran alpine pastures also won't leave visitors wanting.
For everything you need to know about alpine nature, visit the Château des Rubins with its fun and interactive exhibitions. The foot of the château leads to the gorges of Lévaud trails with their Marian grotto, as well as the “sentier du gypaète” trail.
5 minutes away:
- The Saint-Jacques collegiate church in Sallanches, a Baroque church that hosts the Baroque Festival every year.
- Sardinian urban architecture in Sallanches
15 minutes away:
- On the Plateau d’Assy, the Notre-Dame-de-Toute-Grâce church harbours gems of modern art. Indeed, it was decorated by the great artists of the twentieth century: Rouault, Chagall, Matisse, Léger, etc.
45 minutes away:
- Two major cultural centres, Geneva and Annecy, with a host of museums, architectural wonders, national and international theatre productions, numerous trade shows, festivals, events, etc.